For one of the world’s leading medical technology companies we are looking for an experienced, ambitious
Demand planner m/v
To manage the International Inventory (free- and consignment stock) resulting in Optimal Service level at the lowest Total Cost of Ownership.
The Demand Planner/specialist will direct its division to drive the creation of SKU level forecasts. For that objective the individual will lead the team of local and regional planners, and will facilitate necessary communication with business leaders, supply sites and Global Operations and Integrated Business Planning Managers. The individual will work with regional marketing and operations partners to reconcile and synchronize demand forecasts in order to maintain product availability while keeping inventory investments at targeted levels. The forecast provided will be used by the Global Operations Integrated Business Manager to help determine manufacturing needs and resources required to meet the plan. Investment decisions could be made based on the information provided by the Demand Planner/specialist.
• Ensure on time delivery of high quality purchasing / selling forecasts
of the Division by SKU and product line. Must assemble and analyze
all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast: historical sales,
market trends, seasonality, promotions, and inventory levels. Will
need to gather, analyze and validate data, review resulting statistical
• Meet customer service needs assuring a high standard of Customer
Service and Supply Chain Planning metrics performance, while
sizing the optimal inventory and meeting the committed inventory
• Manage fill rates, forecast accuracy, and inventory metrics for his/her
• Improve forecast accuracy by effectively analyzing sources of
forecast error and recommending appropriate action plans.
• Use Demand Planning tools and technologies and suggest
improvements to improve the current demand planning process.
• Serve as the primary planning contact for Marketing, Sales and
Finance business partners and also as the primary contact for the
Global Operations Integrated Business Planning Manager and Plant
• Flawless supply chain execution for all new product launches and
new business plans, as well as existing base products.
• Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives
for future consideration to Divisional Management. Can make
recommendations for targets based on changes in demand and
• Participate in development, modification and improvement of
procedures, policies, processes and technologies within the
• Lead IBP meetings at divisional level and leverage best available
cross-functional inputs and apply judgment based on knowledge of
the business and robust cross-functional discussions.
• People development and succession and backfill plans.
• Contact person for the Local Sales Companies within the European
Division regarding all outstanding purchase orders and pending
• Close collaboration with Franchises to allocate products to specific
Sales Companies and / or specific orders.
• Responsible for the purchases of saleable goods (service level KPI
“Days backlog critical items”.
• Responsible for keeping EMEA stock levels in line with company
guidelines (KPI inventory free stock (days)”.
• Coordinate the Product Lifecycle Management within the local
• Responsible for keeping purchase related data (both static and
dynamic) up to date within Oracle.
• Supplier evaluation.
• Initiating and participating in Supply Chain projects to improve
productivity, processes and savings.