Zoek snel en eenvoudig naar vacatures op MBO, HBO of Academisch niveau, die aan uw criteria voldoen.
Bij Johnson Controls in Echt
When optimizing a building’s security and fire safety, you need solutions that protect people, secure assets and lower operating costs — and that’s what we deliver for businesses worldwide. Our solutions protect your business by making sure your security and fire systems perform on demand as designed.
Johnson Controls has become the most trusted partner for security and fire safety, specializing in complex integrations with more than 50 years of experience serving schools, hospitals, airports, mass transit, government facilities and 30 percent of Fortune 1000 companies. No matter what size or type of facility, we offer flexible, cost-effective and innovative solutions that protects millions of people and their properties around the globe.
What will you do:
The Technical Support Specialist is the part of the Technical Services team with team members in Echt (the Netherlands) and London Heathrow (United Kingdom). The team is providing technical support services for access control, video surveillance, intrusion and intercom/emergency systems.
In this role you will provide high quality, innovative, technical support for Security Product’s for a diversified customer base and support customer logging technical issues through the provision of telephone and or field support. Furthermore you will provide commissioning and related services inclusive of fault finding, customer and integrator on/off site training and upgrades.
How you will do it:
• Assist with technical issues which also includes handling 15-25 phone support calls offering customers the best resolve, solutions and answers to all technical inquires
• Able to document technical issues accurately so that issues can be tracked, escalated and closed with satisfaction for all customers.
• Enter all problems into databases so that all information can be tracked and utilized for the betterment of the customer and internally.
• Fulfils other relevant technical support duties, as defined by the manager, in order to be successful within the technical support department.
• Works according given instructions and within quality procedures and –regulations, as described in the quality manual, in such way that internal and external quality demands are met.
• Works, according to given policies and guidelines regarding HSE, in such way that for the employee self and his colleges a safe, healthy and pleasant work environment is created.
• Offer field support when issues cannot be solved by phone and more information is needed to close and solve customer issues.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A., B.S.) from a college or university with relevant work related experience; or equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
• 3 – 5 years working and supporting various electronic or IT solutions in a field environment installing, troubleshooting and understanding specialized hardware, software and networking equipment in a technical capacity.
• Electronics: Experience in electronic principles and technology.
• Software: Thorough Windows commissioning and administration knowledge – especially 2008 or 2012 (minimum 5 years) with knowledge of Linux also preferred.
• Hardware: Understand PCB technology including flashing boards and configurations using switches and jumpers, adding RAM and CPU chips, configure, and install PC boards (e.g. VGA boards, CPUs, SCSI controllers, network cards).
• Databases: Core skills for building, managing and troubleshooting databases around Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or 2012.
• Networking: CCNA certified or equivalent who has an advanced understanding of TCP/IP addressing and configuration, Ethernet networks, hubs, routers, network security and Lan/Wan switching. Ability to perform complex network troubleshooting.
• Very good understanding or demonstrate aptitude or have past experience providing remote telephone diagnostics support.
• Fluent language skills in English and any of the following languages Dutch/Italian/Spanish/German/French
We offer an exciting and challenging position with a global company and its international environment. In your role you will have great personal freedom and professional challenges. We provide you of trainings to make sure you have the full understanding of our products portfolio. In addition, we offer outstanding career- and personal development opportunities which will stretch your abilities and develop your talents.
Interested to apply?
Have we aroused your interest? You can direct your application or any questions to Jana Bochnickova (Talent Acquisition BeNeLux) via email@example.com.
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.